Imagine what a more empathetic and compassionate Transylvania County might look like.
initial project empathy gathering
Pedro Sandin shared a compelling essay on empathy in Brevard on August 23, 2016.
After sharing a meal, citizens asked themselves the following:
- What would encourage and/or support trusting and empathetic connections between individuals, groups, and communities in our county?
- What ideas do you have for action steps that we could take for no or little cost?
- If we had $1,000,000 to build empathy throughout the county, how would we do it?
what can I do?
While Project Empathy members are finding their way and developing a path forward, citizens can:
- intentionally meet someone with a different background or culture
- kindly reach out to each other, listening to reach understanding
- imagine a Transylvania where we are all more connected and understanding of one another
who do I contact?
The Transylvania County Planning & Community Development Department is pleased to support citizen-led Project Empathy and post their information to this website.
If you would like to join the group, contact the department and we will add you to the mailing/contact list.