- There are Community Centers in most townships of Transylvania County that host a variety of activities and programs.
- The Brevard/Transylvania Chamber of Commerce is an advocate and resource for business.
- Heart of Brevard, promotes a vital downtown business area.
- The Small Business Center, located on the campus of Blue Ridge Community College, is part of the Small Business Center Network, comprised of 58 Small Business Centers throughout North Carolina that support the development of new businesses and the growth of existing businesses by being a community-based provider of training, counseling, and resource information.
- Transylvania Economic Alliance is the professional economic development organization for Transylvania County, Brevard, and Rosman. They assist existing businesses with expansion and retention efforts and work to recruit new businesses to our community. Whether a large manufacturer or an aspiring entrepreneur, the Transylvania Economic Alliance is your one-stop liaison for information regarding strategic site locations, infrastructure, incentives, and workforce training and development opportunities. Easy link to Business Resource List
- NC Works Center, located on the campus of Blue Ridge Community College, provides job seeking and career planning resources.
Events - Activities - the arts - parks & forests
- Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority knows all the special places, events and activities in the county, providing links to them all on their website, including Gorges State Park, DuPont State Recreational Forest and Pisgah National Forest. They maintain a complete events calendar.
- The Transylvania Times Community Events Calendar is interactive and searchable.
- Arts of Brevard has all the information about area arts, music and theater, including links to Brevard Music Center and Brevard College.
- The Transylvania County website connects you to all county departments and services.
- The Transylvania County Directory is a full listing of county services.
- The City of Brevard website connects you to all things city related.
- Connect to Transylvania County Schools.
- United Way of Transylvania County: TRAIN (Transylvania Resource Access Information Network) is a collaborative network of community organizations such as health entities, government agencies, shelters, mental health services, and self-sufficiency programs improving access to community and health resources for Transylvania County residents. Areas of focus include medical, food, housing, and transportation.
- Looking for help for yourself or others within Transylvania County? To find information and support around health, housing, education, food, employment, children, or veterans’ services, visit http://www.transylvaniaresources.com/.
- Call 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162 on your phone to connect with resources within Transylvania County and the region.
- Wanting to offer help to others? http://www.volunteertransylvania.org/ is your source for finding volunteer opportunities that match your interests. Agencies and organizations can list available needs to help Transylvania residents find their favorite way to give back.